Thursday, February 18, 2010

Change of blog title

I'm enjoying reading books again! I fit it in my daily routine and it's doing something good to me. Can't describe it eloquently yet but I like it! Anyway, reading President Hinckley's book "Standing for Something" really shook me more than it was while I was reading it. There I came across a message he was discussing about negativity and the words it's a jungle out there written in black and white. I got to thinking about this family blog title "It's a jungle in here: but it's a lot of fun". Few of you who've followed me from the beginning know that the original title was "Jinx Pad: a place to nest my moments and such". I thought the jungle title was clever and went along with a favorite TV show's (Monk) theme song. Now I see negativity to it (subtle as it may be) so I'm doing away with it! I had a restless sleep last night wanting to take the title off quickly but I could not think of a new title to replace it until just a few minutes ago when I saw the book ... and thought, hey, why not?! So there the birth of a new title came about and the description fell into place as well.

Perhaps it's my way to remember and sustain the virtues that President Hinckley discussed. I want to walk away from this book knowing I learned something and will act on it. My little family life moments may not mean much to many, but it does to me. Here is a place where my children can one day look back and see how Dave and I worked to live by those virtues with hopes to become an eternal family. May our lives leave a legacy that we stood for something.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I think that's a great blog title. Although I think jungles are really pretty and relaxing too, they can be wild with untame animals at times (our kids!)
I like your reading blog. I need to look up some of those books and get back into reading also.

February 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home