"My cup runneth over " day
Church meetings today was great! The sacrament talks about public affairs were interesting ... like that some people have incorrect views about The Church and individually we ought not react in defensive mode but rather answer based on basic principles; also that people's incorrect views would change if we simply live the gospel ... then people will see the truth. Moving on, Sunday school was fascinating! I like this teacher because he gets his students involved a lot and not do all the talking; plus, he seems to naturally bring in the Spirit. Then I felt the Spirit in Relief Society even with the brief time I was there (Nursery brought Steven back to me, so I spent most of the 3rd hour in Nursery with him). I forgot the opening song but I was privately in tears from the warmth I felt of the Holy Ghost testifying to me that I was in the right place. Anyway, at home the happy feeling continued. This evening I read an email from the Visiting Teaching coordinator saying nice things about me. But the fact is, I was guilty of being a hypocrite ... trying to motivate the sisters to do their visiting teaching while I was doing badly in mine (btw, I'm a visiting teaching supervisor)!! After reading her note, I went to a visiting teaching website and found myself reading addresses from prophets about the program and tears began to flow again! I was reminded of how important and wonderful this visiting teaching program is and can be to me personally. I also was reminded of my eagerness for this new year ... a sense of starting everything anew and getting my life organized. Like in this case, I want to be better at my calling and to do that, I need to become a good visiting teacher! And already I'm getting Heavenly Father's help ... I finally cornered one of the ladies I visit teach and have an appointment to visit her this week! More importantly, I'm feeling overwhelmed at how much He really cares for us to establish this program for each of us to take care of one another. I'm called to attention again that The Church is truly under the leadership of the Lord. Truly, a very "my cup runneth over" day!
Labels: testimony, visiting teaching

1 Comments:
I love these kind of days. It's nice for me to get little reminders of how blessed I am. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home