Finding love for reading
So, I finally opened my Book of Mormon yesterday and started in the beginning, again! I must have read the beginning a zillion times but seem to fade after awhile (except that year that President Hinckley challenged the members to read it through by a specific time frame and when I was new to the Church). Anyway, I included "read the scriptures" to my son's "chore list" and we're doing it together. So far it's working! I know it's only been two days but I feel so motivated. This way, I'll be reading the scriptures daily and my son might come to like reading the scriptures (my hubby and two other kids are in the vicinity, so blessings will shower them too).
By the way, let me explain about why I fade in reading the Book of Mormon. It's not that the book is boring or hard to read, but it's all me! Reading books in general is not my thing! I don't know why because it can actually be fun. I read a lot in my early teen years then less and less after that. Pretty sad, I know. I'm missing out. In fact, just today while having lunch with two girlfriends they were talking about books they were reading. Felt awful at being left out of the conversation (though I was tending to my kids) because I haven't read a book since the Twilight series and couldn't jump into the topic!! So, I'm going to get myself a book and start enjoying to read again. So if you've got a great book you'd like to loan me, please feel free to contact me; or if you've got a book suggestion that would be great too. Oh, you might be wondering what kind of books I would like ... well, I'm open to suggestions right now because I'm looking to broaden my horizons.
By the way, let me explain about why I fade in reading the Book of Mormon. It's not that the book is boring or hard to read, but it's all me! Reading books in general is not my thing! I don't know why because it can actually be fun. I read a lot in my early teen years then less and less after that. Pretty sad, I know. I'm missing out. In fact, just today while having lunch with two girlfriends they were talking about books they were reading. Felt awful at being left out of the conversation (though I was tending to my kids) because I haven't read a book since the Twilight series and couldn't jump into the topic!! So, I'm going to get myself a book and start enjoying to read again. So if you've got a great book you'd like to loan me, please feel free to contact me; or if you've got a book suggestion that would be great too. Oh, you might be wondering what kind of books I would like ... well, I'm open to suggestions right now because I'm looking to broaden my horizons.
Labels: goals

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home