The girlfriend count is on!
I had a very cute conversation with my almost 8yo nephew as we were waiting for David to get out of school. There, parked in the car we had small talk and then got into a conversation about girlfriends. I asked him if he had any and he replied, "I had 3 girlfriends but I lost it, I lost it!!". Funny, he kept referring to the girls as it instead of them. You might be saying that he meant "it" as something else like his mojo. No, the conversation was clear that he was indicating the girls. Anyway, he preceded to tell me that he had his first girlfriend in pre-school and they were together until kindergarten. In first grade he had his second and third girlfriend. I'm going to jump into the conversation about the last two girlfriends because it was one of those moments that you had to be there! So, I asked him what they do together and he replied, "Nothing. I hardly see them." " What do you mean?", I asked. He then told me that he met each of the girls during recess and that's the only time he would see them if he saw them at all because "It's a big crowd! There's tons of people everywhere!". He also doesn't remember their names! With giggles, "I forgot." So now in second grade, he does not have a girlfriend ... YET! He doesn't like anyone from his class and it's too big of a crowd to find anyone at recess. The boy's adorable! Maybe he did lose his mojo.
Labels: Blake

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home