To wake up to a new calling
Late this morning I logged into Facebook and received a message from one of the bishopric letting me know that he needed to talk to me to extend a calling. Time's really changed! Land lines are going to be obsolete! Who calls from a land line anymore? These days you're more likely to get a cell phone text or e-mails ... or Facebooked!! Anyway, the kids and I got to church early so Brother M. took the opportunity to talk to me right there in the chapel where we sat. He extended to me a calling to be a Nursery Assistant. Had he asked that a few months ago, I'd be thinking to myself ... "Oh no, please Father, no!!". Well, since Steven's still quite attached to me I've been spending quite a lot of time in Nursery and have gotten to appreciate the fairly new Nursery Leaders and gotten to know the little cutie pies there, so this is welcomed.
I was surprised that the bishop asked for the sustaining vote for my calling right away. It must not have been more than 10 minutes since I was extended the call and I wasn't set apart for the calling yet (I do get set apart for that, right?). I wasn't released from the other calling as well, so in the meantime I am holding two callings. Anywho, I was put to work right away. Since, I had the sustaining vote of the congregation, I felt right to interact with the children and truly felt happy to. The only hang up was that Steven kept crying when I'd leave his side to tend to another child. In due time he'll understand that I'm there to stay and there for the other children as well.
I'm excited!! I've already fallen in love with the children and thrilled to be able to hang out with them. I'm one happy chick! :)
I was surprised that the bishop asked for the sustaining vote for my calling right away. It must not have been more than 10 minutes since I was extended the call and I wasn't set apart for the calling yet (I do get set apart for that, right?). I wasn't released from the other calling as well, so in the meantime I am holding two callings. Anywho, I was put to work right away. Since, I had the sustaining vote of the congregation, I felt right to interact with the children and truly felt happy to. The only hang up was that Steven kept crying when I'd leave his side to tend to another child. In due time he'll understand that I'm there to stay and there for the other children as well.
I'm excited!! I've already fallen in love with the children and thrilled to be able to hang out with them. I'm one happy chick! :)

1 Comments:
After being the nursery leader in our old ward, I have a whole new appreciation for the nursery helpers. You are so sweet with the kids and I'm glad you will be helping!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home