Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yeay! Sophia Did The Potty

Around 1:30 this afternoon was officially the first time Sophia went to use the big toilet on her own and did a #1 and #2! Unfortunately, I was the only one around that could sing and so I sang her the big kid potty cheer song: "Hurray, hurrah! Sophia did the potty. Hurray, hurrah! Sophia did the potty. She's a big girl now!". Followed by lots of clapping, jumping, cheering, and such. Oh, and of course a piece of Hershey chocolate.

She's not quite potty trained yet. I just started her on the training diapers late this morning and every 10-15 minutes I'd have her sit on the toilet and nothing. Then when I was putting Steven to nap I heard the pee sound and sure enough, she had gone to the toilet on her own and the party started. :D

It's a great start and hopeful that she'll pick it up completely soon. I'm really not enjoying changing those #2s. Wish her success! -- Thanks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger adriandgreg said...

You'll have to give me some advice for my boy. I am desperately trying to get him potty trained before this next baby comes. It doesn't work so well when he is not ready. Doesn't mean I won't try! Your kids have already grown up so much! Your little one is adorable. I remember when he was born. I am glad I found your blog. I have been missing out!

May 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home