Date Night And More
It was a nice eventful day. I had a pleasant date night or more like date afternoon with my dear Dave. I dropped off the kids at Monica's then Dave and I met at Red Robin's for lunch. I had the most amazingly yummy burger they call Blackened Bayou Burger. Certainly a burger worth ruining a diet for! My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it! Anyway, then off to California Theatre of the Performing Arts in San Bernardino to see "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" the musical. It had some funny scenes and overall was alright. I like theatre plays/musicals. I use to go more often during my single years. Unfortunately, it's not Dave's favorite kind of thing to do so I get excited when we get the chance to see one together. Heck, I get excited when we get to do anything together without the kids! Though I get excited when we do family adventures as well ... I suppose it's a different kind of excitement! Moving on, after the show we went to pick up Dave's truck and we went our separate ways. I went to pick up the kids while he went to do an errand or two from his many "things to do" list. By the time the kids and I got home we had only time to freshen up and took off again to church for the first session of stake conference. The plan was to take only Steven with me but when Sophia saw me in the car about to leave, she cried to go with me. So she went. The two did pretty good considering it went for 2hrs. Of course, Sophia was most fidgety but we only missed the last 20 minutes when we stepped out to the foyer. It was a fabulous first session. I truly enjoyed the special treat of being in the presence of a general authority, Elder Mervyn B. Arnold. His sweet and light hearted delivery of his talk was inspirational. One can really tell he loves the Lord and is a wonderful man, much to the thanks of his parents as he describes. Truly sweet to hear.
My new favorite RB gourmet burger
The musical
Elder Mervyn B. Arnold
Trampoline & water sprinklers ... cool!
Sophia's into swings again
Grandma steals a kissSteven with his Aunt Monica
Labels: adventures, Dave, stake conference

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home