Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Day at Our New Ward

Today was our first day at our new ward. It was overall a nice experience. I was immediately greeted by a lady that one of my old ward friends called to watch out for me. We sat with her and she introduced me to others as we came across them. Of course I don't remember them all. I did get to meet the bishop. I look forward to talking with him some more because I would like a calling.

Sophia was quite a handful during the sacrament hour so it was a relief to get to the second hour. At that point, we dropped off David to Primary and Sophia and I went to her nursery class. I stayed with her to see how she would do there and wow! She saw the toys and started to play, forgetting I might not be there until she noticed the door opening ... she thought it was me leaving. So she would notice if I left. But on the third hour I did leave to go to my Relief Society class. She cried as I was leaving but one of the teachers assured me that she will be fine. A bit hesitant but I went to class. There an old acquaintance motioned for me to sit by her. I did and also bumped into a sister of one of my friends at the old ward. Hurray! New friends already. Anyway, I enjoyed the lesson. I actually learned something new to me ... regarding the meaning of Elias. At the end of class a couple of Filipinas introduced themselves to me and hurray more friends! From there I picked up Sophia and the teacher said that she did fine. David did well at his classes. He said, "I wasn't nervous Mom.". What a big boy! I think we'll fit into the ward just fine.

Took the camera with me to church but forgot to take pictures there but here's Sophia at home having a snack prior to going to church.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

April 18, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home