Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Present From Sophia And It Wasn't A Toaster!

I'm embarrassed to blog about this but it's too hilarious! Anyway, today was our last day at R3 ward and Sophia made a mark of the day for us.

After the block services, the kids and I went outside the bishop's office to pick up a tithing slip. I sat down and filled out the form while the kids did their thing and played in the hall. During play, Sophia managed to take off her diaper. I thought to myself, I'll finished filling out the form then put a diaper on her. Big mistake! Next thing, I saw something and thought "Oh crap!". Yeap! Sophia had pooped on the carpet and made a couple more trails as she was running! I was mortified!!! I quickly scooped up the large pile with the diaper and desperately looking for something else to pick up the others. Of course I had nothing but an envelope ... so scooping I went. Then, I grabbed the kids to go to the Mother's Room to get a diaper on Sophia and took some wet and dry napkins to clean up the mess. So that was done and all I had to do was turn in the tithing. "Oh man!" It was in that envelope! Back I went to dig up the check in the trash. There I noticed that my chest was exposed! I had taken off the safety pin on my blouse to use on Sophia's dress to cover the poop so she wouldn't get it all over her and because my mind was on cleaning up the mess in the hall I had forgotten that I would be exposed. So while I had been cleaning up the mess I was out there! I suppose I made a mark too!! So finally (the kids with me through all of this), I retrieved the check, washed my hands, grabbed my blouse between me, walked the hall, put the check in another envelope, turned it in, and took off running!!! Got home, told Dave the story and he roared!

What a way to say goodbye, eh? Good thing there were a few people in that hall and most minded their business. Anyway, we will miss the constant fellowship of R3 ward but I've made life long friends there that I know I will keep in touch with. Thanks everyone for the many fun times! I love you all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Sorry I was in Sunday School and missed it all! Shantell

March 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger famiLEE of 6 said...

Ate jinx,

What a day!!! I was reading this entry with Brandon and we were both speechless...You were one brave Momma!!! hehehehe....

April 1, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home