Solemn Assembly
Yesterday morning Sophia and I (David stayed home with his dad) watched General Conference at the stake center because there would be less distractions there than if I had watched it at home. I anticipated a special meeting because today all the members were to sustain a new president of the church/prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. It was an awesome experience to be able to stand up and sustain him to his new calling. I marveled at the sight of each group being asked for their sustaining vote. I imagined all the others in the world standing to raise their right arms as well. Certainly a warm feeling came over me.I admire President Monson and look forward to his leadership. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for modern revelations. It shows to me that He loves us because the priesthood is on earth today. I wish I was more eloquent in conveying such depth of gratitude for His love towards us. It's amazing how a heart can swell so large from the feeling of love from someone ... in this case, God's love for all of us, His children. My physical reaction only can cry! It's that intense.
I bear my testimony to you that President Monson is a true prophet and directly called by Heavenly Father to this calling. I am glad that the priesthood keys are restored so that we all can reap the benefits of God's temporal and eternal blessings. These and many others in my heart I say in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Labels: Monson

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home