Friday, April 4, 2008

Getting Closer to 40

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 39 years old. It started out alright. Sophia and I dropped off David to school then met my parents and sister for breakfast at Denny's and we hung out shopping in town until almost noon time when I had to pick up David from school ... Dave had left for his work at ITT at 7am that morning and was back by noon only to eat lunch and be off to work at his full time job. That left just the kids and I to hang out together for the rest of my birthday. We just ended up going to Market Night. We had a good time. I suppose I was bummed that I just saw Dave about 30 minutes that whole day, but of course grateful that the kids were with me.

By the way, because Dave was going to work on my birthday, the family celebrated the day before. Dave took me out to a very nice restaurant. I had a salmon salad that was absolutely yummy! That evening we had cake, balloon, party hats and movie night. I was very happy to spend quality family time and adored Dave for setting up a fun day.

Today, I had a surprise visit from my in-laws (Mom Bertha, Monica, Jessica and kids) and that cheered me up. They brought ice cream cake and I enjoyed their company. I have awesome in-laws!

Oh, a couple of days before my birthday I pampered myself and got a haircut, manicure, and pedicure. That foot massage was great! Maybe next year I'll get myself a total body massage! Ooohhh! I could use that now. This pregnancy hurts this time around and that massage sounds like what I need!! We'll see.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who wished me happy birthday.
My kids with my yummy birthday cake and Dora candle. Dave even put on a party hat ... he would only do that for us.
This is all you're going to see of me! The other pictures showed double shin, so no way!

My princess birthday balloon decorating my bare kitchen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home