Friday, February 1, 2008

Until We Meet Again Uncle Jesse

Jesse Ochoa

April 22, 1951 - January 23, 2008

See here for his story


Yesterday the family spent the day remembering my brother-in-law, Uncle Jesse, as many of us have come to call him. At the viewing I got a chance to see him one more time and he looked young and peaceful. I missed the chapel service since I had to pick David up from pre-school but I heard that it went well. On our way to the interment the kids fell asleep so I stayed in the car with them. I did hear the firing of the guns (Uncle Jesse was a veteran) and when the kids finally woke, the ceremony had just ended.

Privately I was thinking of him. I was remembering how I had just spoken with him about a week before his passing. We talked on the phone for over half an hour. He spoke mostly of his want to go home (he was in the hospital at the time since Christmas night) and be with his wife. How he wanted to be around the fire place snuggled with her. He spoke of many adventures he wanted to do more with her like fishing. He just ached to be with her in the home setting. He missed his own bed. I listened and wished for his wished to come true. At the close of our conversation, I wished him well and told him that we love him and he said that he love us also.

I kick myself for not calling him again. I would have liked to have talked to him again.

For the brief time I got to know him, I admired him. I saw how happy he and my sister-in-law was together. I certainly will miss you Uncle Jesse ... until we meet again ...


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home