Baby Update
Dave and I discussed the baby situation. Since I'm at that over 35 age, I'm at a higher risk for birth defects than those younger. That fact is known to us and the AFP test coming in positive just gave us a little more of specific number risk and in my case showing high risk for Down Syndrome. So we talked about whether doing the amniocentesis (diagnostic test for genetic abnormalities)would serve us good since this test also comes with the risk of having a miscarriage and we definitely want to keep our baby. So, our thinking was that we would do it if there was anything that can be done to "treat" any defects that they might discover or something the doctor might say to sway us to take the test. Well, we had our appointment with the doctor yesterday and discussed our thoughts. We then opt to decline taking the test. We did have another ultrasound done that would do a "soft marker" ... looking for certain clues that might suggest Down Syndrome. There were no positive markings that the doctor saw but again he pointed out that it doesn't mean that the baby doesn't have it, so he'd like to continue to see me every six weeks or as needed to continue to view the baby's physical growth.
I had foggy feelings after receiving the news of the positive AFP test but after talking to Dave about it and getting good input from him, I was put to ease. Dave's pretty good about seeing things as they are and I don't know how to put it ... just that he can see the practical perspective. Anyway, knowing that he is accepting with me in raising our child in any condition is such heart warming and gives me great respect and admiration towards him. Dave certainly is my rock. Thanks Hon and I love you.
I had foggy feelings after receiving the news of the positive AFP test but after talking to Dave about it and getting good input from him, I was put to ease. Dave's pretty good about seeing things as they are and I don't know how to put it ... just that he can see the practical perspective. Anyway, knowing that he is accepting with me in raising our child in any condition is such heart warming and gives me great respect and admiration towards him. Dave certainly is my rock. Thanks Hon and I love you.
Labels: pregnancy

1 Comments:
You are both wonderful people, and I know whatever happens you will make the best of it! You're great!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home