Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Baby News

A couple of days ago I had a message on my answering machine from my doctor's RNP (registered nurse practitioner). Unfortunately, I got home after office hours so I had to wait until the next day to get a hold of her. I suspected that she had serious news for me. Anyway, after playing phone tag we finally talked the next day. She informed me that Sacramento had reported that the AFP blood test I had taken showed risk that my unborn baby might have Down Syndrome. She offered to refer me to a genetics specialist for consultation and posibbly have more definitive tests. So, I have an appointment with the doctor specialist next week. I asked Dave to go with me and so he will call off work so he can be there with me.

I don't know how to put to words how I feel. I do know that if the child has Down Syndrome, I think Heavenly Father placed him with us because we would be able to take good care of him. I certainly would do my best.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger famiLEE of 6 said...

Ate jinx, we will definitely pray that all will be well. I admire your faith and willingness to serve the Lord. All will be well. Please keep us posted... we love ya!
famiLEE of 5

January 9, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home