I Did it Again!
Yesterday David lost his tooth #3. He put it in an envelope marked "My tooth" and placed it under his pillow last night before he went to bed. Of course, the Tooth Fairy forgot to stop by! What is wrong with me?! My memory is incredibly bad!! Anyway, this morning I heard him shuffle to his room (I was sick so the kids slept in my bed with Dave while I slept on the bottom of the kids' bunk bed), said good morning to me, and then started to climb up to his bed. That's when I remembered! Oh crap! He's checking under his pillow. Oh man, I could not look at his face. I heard it in his disappointed groan. I needed a Twix moment at that time (see Twix commercials to know what I mean). But I played cool and asked what's the matter. He said that the Tooth Fairy hadn't come. I instinctively said that it was perhaps because he wasn't at his bed and on top of that, I had been in the room. It could be that the person who lost the tooth had to be lying on the pillow that the tooth was under and no grown-ups should be in the vicinity, right? Well, he bought it. He had no choice. Poor kid.
So tonight, I made sure I remembered! There, it's done. The Tooth Fairy stopped by with a little extra dough to make up for the blunder. :)
So tonight, I made sure I remembered! There, it's done. The Tooth Fairy stopped by with a little extra dough to make up for the blunder. :)


1 Comments:
Jinky, you are in trouble now. I am seriously thinking of coming up with a new tradition for the tooth fairy. I did okay with MiKiya for the very short time she believed, but the second child is on the forgetful parent receiving end. She is home schooled, so no peers from school to give it away this time. She has lost 5 teeth and I think the tooth fairy has remembered only once, on the first night, and that one may have been the first tooth. Now I have gone to helping her
"look" for the money with it palmed in my hand. I think we are going to employ the day fairy that will replace it at any time of day or night from a little bag hung on the bedroom door. At 5 teeth MiKiya was just handed a dollar. I hate to see what Russell gets for his tooth fairy. Good Luck
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home