Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cub Scout in the house!

Today was David's first day at Cub Scout.  He was so excited and actually so was I!!  We were told that meetings start promptly at 4pm so I set a goal to be out the door at 3:30pm (leaving room for last minute things like... oops, Steven made a #2, or Sophia now has to do a #1, or David got thirsty, etc).  With all the rush, I put the scarf clip upside down (did ya notice?). 


Here is David with his "Akela".  Den mother?  Is that the right term?  Still learning the ropes.  ~In lay terms, his scout teacher.  :)  ...scarf clip now right side up!

While David was at his meeting, my 2 other munchkins and I went to the nursery room.  There along with few other kids entertained ourselves by watching "Finding Nemo". 
                         

David enjoyed his first day.  Because he was early and the first boy at the meeting, he was able to help his teacher set up the seats and such.  Oh, since he was the newest member, he had the most crisp uniform.  I also noticed that he was the most properly dressed while a few of his classmates were a bit lax (untucked or wrinkled shirts, wore clogs, etc).  I told David that I don't want him too relaxed.  I want him to take pride in how he presents himself while in his uniform (and in general).  Anyway, he told me that he learned about recycling and how to tie a square knot today.  Great first day!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon's Mommy said...

How awesome that he is now in Cub Scouts!! I just got called to be a leader over the Bears and it is so much fun! He is SO handsome in his uniform!! You should be proud! :)

January 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home