I'll Go
Last Sunday I woke up convincing myself to skip church. Just because of sluggishness. But I couldn't think of a good excuse and the thought of skipping out on my Nursery leader and the Nursery children weighed heavily on my mind (I'm one of the Nursery assistant leaders, so I miss Sunday School and Relief Society meetings to attend to my calling in Nursery). Of course the guilt of skipping out on Christ and punishing my kids for my sluggishness was a big factor too, so we went! Then come this weekend I felt that sluggishness again. Steven had a runny nose yesterday and I thought, well, that's a decent reason to miss church today, wouldn't want his Nursery mates to catch a cold, and it was going to be a day off for me from Nursery so I wouldn't be skipping out on my responsibilities there. Oh, and the rainy weather was a motivator to stay home! But I remembered my kids. They need their church time so I kicked myself again and we went. I'm so glad that we especially went today. Being off from my Nursery duties I had an opportunity to attend Sunday School and the combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting (our Nursery leader had arranged substitutes for me and another Nursery assistant so that we could attend the special 5th Sunday meeting). I sooo enjoyed those last two hours of church!! It was an awesome feeling attending Sunday School and discussing the scriptures. It had been 10 months since I last attended one. Then, the combined meeting was a nice treat as well. Brother and Sister H. shared their testimonies, thoughts, facts, and encouragements about serving as Senior Missionaries. They came back last year from serving a mission in Ethiopia. After their talks, I wanted to sign up to serve! But I need my other half to qualify and he doesn't qualify just yet. Anyway, it wasn't until the closing song that I lost it! The song was "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go ...(dear Lord)" and before I knew it, I was quitely sobbing with sleeping Steven in my arms (Nursery sent him back to me because he was crying too much!). The song had affected me because I was where I should have been that 3hrs of this Sunday. Heavenly Father wanted me to go to church and so I'm glad I was there! In my sobs of realization and gratefulness, I recommitted myself to go and be where my dear Lord wants me to go. ~My cup runneth over... my heart is full. God is good. I am happy!

1 Comments:
Jinky, Thanks for being so honest. We all have times like that. We get pulled in so many directions and week after week we serve and sometimes we feel like we want a day off. But we push forward and then the Lord blesses us. If you would have not pushed forward you would have missed that tender mercy of the Lord singing that sweet song that touched you so. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home