Picking Up The Slack
I've been very moody and lazy lately... I excuse as pregnancy related. My temper is awfully short, I cry about everything, and been incredibly sluggish. My poor family have been suffering the consequences. The kids being kids run around, make lots of noise, and make messes. I react with yelling so that leads to them crying which means more noise and I end up crying myself! I can't get comfortable lying on my bed so I sleep on a recliner so I miss my husband and that drives me emotional. I'm still on that stage of wanting to be held often and there's just not enough room for the both of us in that chair! Don't get me wrong, we have our moments but there's nothing like lying with your spouse every night. So there by myself at night I think crazy thoughts. I feel lonesome, emotional, and go off thinking my marriage is in crisis! After all, Dave has been picking up the slack. I tire so easily and feel blah often that he does everything that I should be doing. He does the laundry, picks up things off the floor, get David ready in the morning, take the kids for a walk, etc ... plus maintain the yard, go to two jobs, and do errands left and right. He is so active that I look lazy. I feel that he got the short end of the marriage stick. I certainly don't iron his shirts very well, my cooking could be tastier, be a better housekeeper, etc. If I'm not careful he might leave me! No, it's really not that bad. I'm just wishing to have more energy so he doesn't have to pick up the slack. I need to get myself in shape. My goal is to be super mom and wife like my friends Chanel, Lora, and Karyn.
In my defense, I do manage to do some things. I keep up with the toilets (my pet peeve ... it has to be clean!), home cook meals 3x/day as often as I can, get kids to activities, eventually get to washing and clearing the dishes, get the kids spiritually fed in church, etc. And really this third trimester has been rough on my body and spirit. The sciatic nerve pain, leg cramps, back pains, GI discomforts (gas, heart burns, abdominal aches), pelvic pain (so walking is torture!), restless nights, etc. leaves me crying and tired. My see-sawing moods breaks my spirit. But even through all of this, I do realize that the end result is great. Little Steven will be born and will bring blessings into our family.
In my defense, I do manage to do some things. I keep up with the toilets (my pet peeve ... it has to be clean!), home cook meals 3x/day as often as I can, get kids to activities, eventually get to washing and clearing the dishes, get the kids spiritually fed in church, etc. And really this third trimester has been rough on my body and spirit. The sciatic nerve pain, leg cramps, back pains, GI discomforts (gas, heart burns, abdominal aches), pelvic pain (so walking is torture!), restless nights, etc. leaves me crying and tired. My see-sawing moods breaks my spirit. But even through all of this, I do realize that the end result is great. Little Steven will be born and will bring blessings into our family.
Labels: Dave

2 Comments:
Hang in there Jinky. The last bit is the hardest part. I think it is that way so we go running and skipping to the hospital to have the baby. You are willing to go through anything to have it over and have that little baby in your arms. Keep your spirits up. Your kids and husband love you and they will understand. It will not last forever. You are making a wonderful sacrifice for your new son. I will be praying for you. Karyn
Ate Jinx,
This too shall pass. YOu're almost there. The Lord knows exactly what you are going through. YOu are blessed to have the husband you have and your children. They love you. Heavenly Father Loves you! You are a trooper. I'll put your name in the prayer roll... We love you!!!
FamiLEE of 5
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home