Sunday, November 4, 2007

GUESS WHAT ...

APPETIZER
Stuffed baby Portobello mushrooms
MAIN DISH
Grandma Betty's baby back ribs
along with
Brussels sprouts and baby carrots
glazed in brown sugar and pepper
and
Baby dinner rolls
SIDE DISH
Cranberry and baby spinach salad
or
Baby leek soup
DESSERT
Baby Ruth layer cake
DRINK
Baby blue punch
COMING JUNE 2008
OK, did you get it? Yes, I'm pregnant! Can you believe it? I'm still in shock and I've "known" for a couple of weeks now!! I finally told Dave (five days after I took a home pregnancy test) last Sunday and it became official last Wednesday after my doctor confirmed that I am withchild! So how did Dave take it you ask? ... afterall he only wanted one. Well, he took it as he takes practically every news ... with aloofness. He is calm about everything so much so that you might think him unemotional. He's just not the type to jump up and down if he's excited or curl up in a ball if he's sad. You know what I mean if you've been around him. Anyway, he's alright. There's just changes to be made and accomodations to consider and already Dave is setting to motion his family's welfare. What an awesome man!
By the way, I sprung it to Dave similarly as I sprung it to you. I typed this menu in a fancy card (I scanned it but it just didn't come out bright enough for blog so I typed it out for you instead) and left it on the kitchen counter for him to discover when he got home from work that night. Surely enough he did and when he came up to kiss me, he asked about the card. "That card, what does it mean?" he asked. I answered, "What do you think it means?". "Are you pregnant?" he replied. "Yes." I said. Then few more private words then ... aloofness but ending with me feeling great love for my husband for the way he touched my head. That sounds weird but it's one of those things that you had to be there. It made me feel like as if he was saying ... "Everything's going to be OK and good job!".

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

Congratulations!!!!
I'm so excited for you guys.

November 5, 2007 at 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jinky. I am so happy for you. That is such a blessing for your family. I am glad your husband is taking it so well. Children are such a joy. I am glad it is you right now and not me though.:) Good luck with every thing. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Karyn

November 6, 2007 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger following the sun said...

congrats dear jinx! this is my first visit as i didnt know you had a blog. you blogger mamma you. i am so impressed with what you've done here. i plan to visit and catch up. great way to keep in touch.

take care mi amiga. get lots of rest and keep us posted.

love ya,

arlyn

November 9, 2007 at 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home