Monday, October 22, 2007

Oak Tree Village Instead


We were ready to go to Legoland today. We had been postponing it for a long while now. Last week, my husband was sick; before that one thing or another. This time we discovered that the park was closed for the day out of respect for the firefighters and victims of the fires going on at San Diego county. David was bummed of course but after explaining the situation and letting him see the TV reports of the fires in the news, he accepted that we'd try again next week. Although, he asked a couple hours later if the fire was over and if Legoland was opened yet. Aaaahhhh! Anyways, we ended up going to Oak Tree Village in Oak Glen instead. I don't know if we went on a wrong day or if it's really "dead" during the weekdays. Much of the activities, shops, and eatery were closed! No crowd either. Probably many stayed home because of the fires going on around Southern California. But we made the best of it. Had brunch at one of the country restaurants, fed the deers, ... walked around looking for apple picking adventure. No luck. Maybe next time we'll try the Riley Farm section. Then David wanted to go to a pumpkin patch. I told Dave that there was one in Yuicapa but I couldn't remember how to get there. I think we went the opposite way and missed it, so Dave headed for the one fairly near our place instead. I guess I'll just have to take the kids to the Yuicapa one next week.



The restaurant we had brunch in. I tried their special of the day, BBQ pork tri-tip with watermelon and potato salad. It was OK ... wouldn't say to rush over and try it!

Where did everybody go?



Look Mama, the deer is smiling at me.

Feeding the deer. -- This poor little thing didn't look so good. He might have been tired, sad, or bored.

"This one for Sophia, Dad." ... Sophia was asleep so she and I stayed in the car while the Davids picked a couple of pumpkins.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home