Saturday, September 29, 2007

What an odd feeling ...

I got to see Dave's ex-girlfriend today ... Caught me by surprise. I found myself curious, self-conscious, and feeling ... I don't know exactly. My first impression was that she looked mature. She's probably around Dave's age which is only 3 years older than me but she carried herself womanly (this is a compliment). I thought to myself, why don't I carry myself that womanly? Is forty the magic number and perhaps I'll be womanly then? Oh, it's hard to explain. I think it's a bit of my insecurities creeping in ... questioning ... Oddly enough, I wasn't as insecure as I was thinking myself to be because I was also thinking that Dave made a good choice by marrying me; over, let say her. I don't know anything about her but I do know me and we are good together, so what is this crazy-hazy feeling I'm feeling? I suppose it shook me inside to be around someone that was close to Dave. A quick comparison calculating in my head. That's it! How do I measure up? I suppose high since he married me ... just odd ... I don't like this feeling at all! I'm not sure if I'll bring it up to Dave tonight when he gets home or any time soon. Just odd. I said that already, huh?

By the way, the woman and I didn't speak to each other. I was just pointed to the fact that she was Dave's ex and by the end of the event she gathered that I'm Dave's wife. How do I know that? Woman's intuition. Hey, I'm a woman afterall!

OK, it's still sinking in so that's all for now. ---Peb ... Arlyn ... someone, I'll be calling you pretty soon!

P.S. I didn't share this blog, not just this post, with Dave so he wouldn't "hear" this from here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home