Thoughtful David
David is such a sweetie! Last week when he received his first allowance for the school year, he bought a couple of "Smencils" (scented pencils) at school. Sophia saw him buy them and wanted to buy one too but she didn't bring her money. David was a dear and gave her a dollar so she can purchase one as well. He didn't ask for the money back when they got home. What a nice brother!
At home, David asked me for a ribbon and to borrow my hole puncher. I didn't know then that he purchased the Smencils and he was secretive about the reason for the requests. Well, he has seen me many many times doing such gift tags and wouldn't you know it, he handed me this gift tagged cherry-vanilla scented "I love you" Smencil. Aww, I love him too!!
So you may ask, "What's up with the Harry Potter?". Well, I've been such an awful blogger and didn't share all the many little sweet notes/gifts from David (it has rubbed off on Sophia too because she does the same thing) but wanted to be sure to capture this big gift. He knows how much I love Harry Potter books so he jumped at the opportunity to get this audio cassette book for me. But the big thing about it is that he earned it! At school (3rd grade) the students earn pebbles for a variety of reasons. Then later they use them to buy something in the teacher's treasure box. This book cost 60 pebbles. That's a lot of good deeds! No surprise that it was my favorite Christmas gift last year. :)
I'm such a blessed mama to have a very thoughtful, loving boy! ~My other two are wonderful as well! Thank you Heavenly Father for entrusting them to us.
At home, David asked me for a ribbon and to borrow my hole puncher. I didn't know then that he purchased the Smencils and he was secretive about the reason for the requests. Well, he has seen me many many times doing such gift tags and wouldn't you know it, he handed me this gift tagged cherry-vanilla scented "I love you" Smencil. Aww, I love him too!!
So you may ask, "What's up with the Harry Potter?". Well, I've been such an awful blogger and didn't share all the many little sweet notes/gifts from David (it has rubbed off on Sophia too because she does the same thing) but wanted to be sure to capture this big gift. He knows how much I love Harry Potter books so he jumped at the opportunity to get this audio cassette book for me. But the big thing about it is that he earned it! At school (3rd grade) the students earn pebbles for a variety of reasons. Then later they use them to buy something in the teacher's treasure box. This book cost 60 pebbles. That's a lot of good deeds! No surprise that it was my favorite Christmas gift last year. :)
I'm such a blessed mama to have a very thoughtful, loving boy! ~My other two are wonderful as well! Thank you Heavenly Father for entrusting them to us.
Labels: David

2 Comments:
That is super duper awesome! You are raising some good kids there! I hope mine turn out just like them!
Aww, thanks. I think you're an awesome mom! You're kids are darling!! I don't know how you do it all by yourself when Mike's serving our country. Thank you for your sacrifice!! Mwuah!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home