My Fun and Tiring Mother's Day
Wow,
I've been gone a long while here. My apologies. Anyway, I'm tired but I wanted to document this special day. Well, this morning little David cooked breakfast and had his sister be the lookout ..I was still asleep .. so that they would surprise me with breakfast in bed. How sweet! Funny though, I was still asleep when he finished cooking so they woke me up. That's okay. Oh by the way, I was served a couple of hash browns, toast, and a glass of orange juice.
When Dave woke up about an hour later, the gift giving began. Dave got me chocolates and little David and Sophia gave me gifts they made at school. Too precious! See pictures below.
When I signed up to have the missionaries over for dinner last month, I hadn't realized that it would fall on Mother's Day. So I did some major cooking (3.5hrs) today after church (11:30am-2;30pm). The usual quick fixes just wasn't going to cut it, especially on a special day. I wanted them to have a nice home cooked meal. Anyways, I prepared ham, green bean casserole, baked potatoes with the fixings, cornbread, and cassava cake. Then I had a surprise visit from my mother-and-sister-in-law. Good thing I cooked plenty!
We all enjoyed the meal and each other's company at the dinner table ..cozy and pleasant. After they all left I washed the huge pile of dishes, took a shower, watched part of Avatar the movie with the kiddos, and now I'm here ..super-duper pooped! Super-duper pooped!!!
So what about Steven? Well, his gift was his wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and he gave me a hug. Oh, I love my family!! They're my life and joy!!
Hope all you mothers had a wonderful day! Love you all ..especially to my moms!
Oh, yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day with Mom, my sister, and Sophia. We ate out and went shopping. It was great!!
When Dave woke up about an hour later, the gift giving began. Dave got me chocolates and little David and Sophia gave me gifts they made at school. Too precious! See pictures below.
When I signed up to have the missionaries over for dinner last month, I hadn't realized that it would fall on Mother's Day. So I did some major cooking (3.5hrs) today after church (11:30am-2;30pm). The usual quick fixes just wasn't going to cut it, especially on a special day. I wanted them to have a nice home cooked meal. Anyways, I prepared ham, green bean casserole, baked potatoes with the fixings, cornbread, and cassava cake. Then I had a surprise visit from my mother-and-sister-in-law. Good thing I cooked plenty!
We all enjoyed the meal and each other's company at the dinner table ..cozy and pleasant. After they all left I washed the huge pile of dishes, took a shower, watched part of Avatar the movie with the kiddos, and now I'm here ..super-duper pooped! Super-duper pooped!!!
My chocolates and David's gift
Here's what's inside the bag ..yeap, that flower is a pen
Sophia's gift to me ..flower with a picture of her
Here's what's written on the back.
Haha, I cook more than Hot Pockets but that's what she likes!
Haha, I cook more than Hot Pockets but that's what she likes!
Card David made me ..love the poem ..
"Roses are red. Violets are blue. Ninjas are awesome, and so are you!"
So what about Steven? Well, his gift was his wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and he gave me a hug. Oh, I love my family!! They're my life and joy!!
Hope all you mothers had a wonderful day! Love you all ..especially to my moms!
Oh, yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day with Mom, my sister, and Sophia. We ate out and went shopping. It was great!!
Labels: Mother's Day

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home