First day as a first grader
Yesterday was the first day back to school for David. He's a first grader now. Woo hoo! He was such a trooper. No butterflies at all, but that's because he had plenty the night before! Poor guy, he cried himself to sleep from the jitters.
Dave and I took him to school on his first day and what a zoo! But, we quickly found his classroom and got to meet his teacher, Mr. C. David swiftly made himself useful and helped set up the chairs and settled himself near the front. We said our farewells and several minutes later the bell rang and class began.
After school, I asked David how his first day went. He said, "Good." His class is a combination of 1st and 2nd graders and David said that there was only one other person there from his kindergarten. He said he made new friends but "they forgot to tell me their names". He was jazzed that they had 3 recess periods. He couldn't stop describing his teacher as being "loud" ... certainly far from the sweet voice of Mrs. M. he was used to. So, overall he had a pleasant first day of school. Whew!!
As for me, piece of cake! Dave was off so I didn't get to really experience the "how's it going to be without David, my lil helper with my other two" ... are they going to be more of a handful without their big brother? I'll see on Friday when Dave is back to work and I'm left with the youngin's.

Dave and I took him to school on his first day and what a zoo! But, we quickly found his classroom and got to meet his teacher, Mr. C. David swiftly made himself useful and helped set up the chairs and settled himself near the front. We said our farewells and several minutes later the bell rang and class began.
After school, I asked David how his first day went. He said, "Good." His class is a combination of 1st and 2nd graders and David said that there was only one other person there from his kindergarten. He said he made new friends but "they forgot to tell me their names". He was jazzed that they had 3 recess periods. He couldn't stop describing his teacher as being "loud" ... certainly far from the sweet voice of Mrs. M. he was used to. So, overall he had a pleasant first day of school. Whew!!
As for me, piece of cake! Dave was off so I didn't get to really experience the "how's it going to be without David, my lil helper with my other two" ... are they going to be more of a handful without their big brother? I'll see on Friday when Dave is back to work and I'm left with the youngin's.
Labels: David

1 Comments:
Oh, the excitment! Ariana was beaming ear to ear on her first day because she got to sit in her very own desk.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home