Thursday, July 2, 2009

My makeshift dryer

My dryer is on the fritz. Bells and whistles work and even spins, but no heat! Got a repairman to take a look at it and estimated a repair cost of $360. Of course, the parts need to be ordered and will take 2-4 days to arrive. That's not going to fly for the couple of loads already waiting to be dried and stinkin' quite terribly! So, I asked Dave to make me a clothes line while I re-wash the clothes.
Viola! 1st load
Can you imagine what my Caucasian neighbors would say if they saw this? "Oh, those Mexicans! What are they up to now?"
I'd say, just making good use of these hot sunny days! That's the silver lining. :)

P.S. If you squint, you'll see Steven way in the back sitting on the grass under the shade.
P.S.S. My neighbors are old, retired, white, pasty professionals who I adore dearly! I'm just making light that we're the only ones in our neighborhood who have a tan and so can be considered the eccentric ones.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacki Rich said...

Ha ha.. that is funny. I bet the kids loved that! My mom used to dry the sheets like that, and we would always run and play in them... Great memories.
At least your saving energy cost!
-Jacki

July 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Some of my best memories are running through the clothes that were hung out in our backyard. Hope your dryer gets fixed soon! I think my life would be put on complete hold if our washer or dryer went out! LOL

July 5, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home