Saturday, August 8, 2009

LA Natural History Museum

I took the kids to the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles earlier this week on their free admission day ... hhhmmm. Wow, it was incredibly-crazy crowded! Lil David and I went a few years ago on a free admit day and I don't remember it being soooooooo crowded, but come to think of it, I think we went during Spring. Seriously, it was a herd! All the mommies/daddies were hanging on to their children for dear life!! But all was not lost, we enjoyed a snack picnic outside the facility lawn. The kids got to play with some kids, chase pigeons, and climb a tree.

By the way, the travel experience getting there was a "treat". The mapquest driving directions (with help from signs once in the area) guided us smoothly on the 70mile track there. Of course, once there, the parking lot attendant only accepted cash. I had but a dollar in my wallet ... not enough! So off to find a bank we went. Driving around seemingly in circles and hitting "road work" every other block, but not too worried, lil Dave offered a prayer to find a bank and boom! About a couple of minutes later, a BofA was in sight! Now that we were turned around, I wasn't too sure where the museum was, so David offered another prayer to find it. Yeap, boom! We found it. --If such prayers were answered, imagine the prayers you want answered. Just may not be the answer you want to hear, but always what's best for you! --Happy praying all !!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I'm glad you made it back O.K.! I used to get so confused on those streets in L.A.

August 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home