101 Things About Me
I've had this on draft about 1.5 years now. I was going to post it on the 100th post but I didn't get around to it. Well, in Facebook, a few of my friends tagged me on "25 random things ..." so I thought I might as well finish the one I started. Here goes ...
1. I like the smell of rain. Don’t like the worms that results from it but the weather is perfect to be cozy in bed.
2. I met my husband through a blind date after much encouragement. Sure glad I gave in!
3. Sophia’s waddle run makes me smile from ear-to-ear.
4. I want more kids but even a turkey baster can’t help me now!
5. I knew early I wanted to be a mother but ended up being one just before 34.
6. When I realized that Dave was serious (during our courtship) about not having children, I sat him down to talk about the subject. I was balling that day ‘cause I didn’t want to lose him but prepared to because I wanted to be a mother. We ended the conversation with him agreeing to one.
7. No! I didn’t trick him to end up having 2 more kids!
8. I eat rice almost everyday but I don’t like it alone.
9. I stood up in a squat position on the toilet seat on my first bathroom experience in America. Hey, that’s how I did it in the Philippines. Didn’t know you could actually sit directly on it.
10. I’ve got a sweet tooth, hence the extra baggage!
11. If someone had video taped Dave’s proposal to me, you would have thought it was a business contract (those of you who know him can actually picture this). We had conditions made and shook hands. Little did I know that it was going to be sealed with a diamond ring! ;)
12. So glad that Elders Smith and Anderson found me. I’d be even a bigger mess if I didn’t join the LDS church!
13. I’m a sucker for sappy, love story movies -- and food!
14. I’ve got terrible memory!!
15. I am a loyal friend.
16. I had the hots for Mark Harmon in the mid ‘80s. I even received a signed autographed picture of him. For some reason I can’t find it! Daaavve!
17. I love spaghetti. I once ate 4 bowls in one sitting. You can imagine that ice skating later that day did not go over well.
18. Being a mother is my favorite calling.
19. I enjoy blogging and enjoy reading my friends blog even more.
20. I thought MySpace was cool but Facebook is quickly growing on me. It won’t be long until I join the Facebook addict 12-step program … hey, is there one?
21. I love my husband with all my heart and my kids too, I guess (being sarcastic! Are you kidding, they’re my life).
22. I was tired of people saying how cute my name was, so for a little while in college I went by the name of Vivian. I forgot once on a date and slipped and wrote Jinky on a miniature golf sheet. He got confused, didn’t get what he wanted, and gladly never heard from him again!
23. I don’t do pregnancy well.
24. I’m really not a snob. I’m just not good at saying hello. I’m working on it.
25. I wanted to grow up to be Wonder Woman. She was gorgeous, can make people tell the truth, and had that awesome invisible plane!
26. I’ve got a short temper.
27. I miss my brother in the Philippines.
28. I'm a rat pack.
29. I cannot pass a good bargain ... that's why I'm #28.
30. I love to eat. Did I say that already?
31. I was in psychiatric therapy for a couple years during college years. Still not cured ...j/k!!
32. I love missionaries! I declare, I think Elder Smith is one of the three Nephites roaming the earth!
33. HeMan was my favorite cartoon in my early years.
34. I don’t like needles. I can stick patients but even a butterfly needle makes me squirm.
35. My parents never gave me the birds & the bees talk, so when I was younger I thought I could get pregnant just by holding a boy’s hand.
36. I was a latch key kid.
37. I got food poisoning from eating squid. That was my first trip to ER.
38. I donated my hair to Locks of Love twice.
39. I talk to my sister everyday.
40. I’m trying to be positive about turning 40 very soon!
41. I wear contact lenses. I’d like to have a laser surgery done but …
42. I love my vacations in Hawaii. I wouldn’t mind living there!
43. Some people like butts, eyes, etc. I like men’s arms.
44. I only have one major regret. No! I’m not telling you what it is.
45. I pay off my credit card bills every month.
46. My favorite flower is carnation, because my first best friend Crystal gave me one.
47. I am incredibly blessed.
48. I love all my friends dearly.
49. I hate to vacuum so I’m glad I have wood floors now.
50. I came in second place in a talent show in six grade … I played the piano. A brother-sister team dancing to Tie a Yellow Ribbon beat me.
51. Crystal and I called ourselves “The Dancing Dolls” in the talent show (I was in 5th grade, she was in 6th). Matching outfits and shoes. So bummed they didn’t give awards, we would have won 1st place. Truly, we were awesome.
52. I’ve been a bridesmaid twice.
53. I have super dry skin and man I passed it on to my kids!!!
54. I love my Saturday classes when I was going to Cal State LA. … better dating selections.
55. I ran “Woman Running Wild” once.
56. I like school. I just don’t like tests!
57. I use to write poems and compose lyrics.
58. I’m falling apart … my memory, eyesight, etc.
59. One time I went to the men’s restroom and when I saw a man come in, I thought he was in the wrong!
60. I love my family and in-laws.
61. My close friends call me Jinx.
62. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for my wonderful life.
63. I drove a Datsun 260Z in high school a few times.
64. Was into Friends, Law & Order, now I like Monk.
65. I honestly thought I failed my nursing board exam when I was taking it. I called my sister during the mandatory break and was balling my eyes out.
66. I use to like Air Supply.
67. I’m afraid of cement mixers. My grandma told me to stay away from them cuz if I accidentally go into one, I’d turn into salt.
68. I'm nice most of the time.
69. There’s only 2 cookie recipes I can do. The rest I burn!
70. I took a cake decorating class a long while ago with a friend and wasn’t too bad at it but I became the family designated cake baker so after awhile my wrist hurt piping so I slowly went back to store bought icing then buying the whole cake all together!
71. Tried quilting and had a blast learning and was excited about it. Bought tons of supplies but like a kid into a musical instrument … the interest died.
72. My most memorable birthday was my 30th. My friends threw me a surprise dinner get-together. They even invited Dave!
73. My favorite date was a helicopter trip to Catalina Island. Yeap! with Dave.
74. I get motion sickness.
75. I believe in washing hands after everything! Another reason for super dry hands.
76. I get sooo happy watching the kids play and laugh.
77. I love playing and laughing with my kids.
78. My pet peeve is a clean toilet. Long story … don’t get me started!
79. Used to have to work every other weekend so the first job that allowed me to be off on Sundays, I took it! Been doing that for almost 8 yrs now.
80. Not very good at hair, make-up, or stuff like that.
81. Been an LDS convert since 1991.
82. I’m not cheap, just frugal.
83. Don’t think I’m rich because I have a Lexus, that was a gift for Valentine’s from my hubby. He’s rich! J/K. We’re rich in blessings.
84. I was into Lakers back in the 80s. Michael Cooper was my favorite player.
85. I intimidate easily. In jr high I tried out for basketball but seeing the truth that I suck at it, I didn’t go back for the second day.
86. My dream came true. I have a wonderful family!
87. In the Philippines we received post cards depicting sky rise buildings. When I came to America I thought that was going to be my house. I was disappointed when it wasn’t!
88. Totally enjoyed my wedding day. I woke up feeling like Christmas morning. The night before is a different story. I was a wreck!!!
89. I have too many strollers but I need a double jogging stroller … anybody want to trade?
90. I love Sophia’s cute sweet voice!
91. I get happy hearing David pray with every meal and invites his dad to say amen with him.
92. I wish I knew how to speak Spanish.
93. I love the smell of Steven’s baby breath … the whole baby smell.
94. I like the new car smell.
95. I use to be over-the-top sensitive, now I’m just super sensitive.
96. One time at the beach, the wave knocked me over exposing one of my boobs!
97. I want so much to be organized. I get so overwhelmed because I have too much stuff. I don’t know where to start!
98. I have terrible memory. Seriously, I wrote this twice in my draft.
99. I love being married to my dear husband. He completes me. He‘s my Superman!
100. I love my patients. They’re interesting.
101. I have a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and how much Heavenly Father is eager to bless each of us as we do His will.
1. I like the smell of rain. Don’t like the worms that results from it but the weather is perfect to be cozy in bed.
2. I met my husband through a blind date after much encouragement. Sure glad I gave in!
3. Sophia’s waddle run makes me smile from ear-to-ear.
4. I want more kids but even a turkey baster can’t help me now!
5. I knew early I wanted to be a mother but ended up being one just before 34.
6. When I realized that Dave was serious (during our courtship) about not having children, I sat him down to talk about the subject. I was balling that day ‘cause I didn’t want to lose him but prepared to because I wanted to be a mother. We ended the conversation with him agreeing to one.
7. No! I didn’t trick him to end up having 2 more kids!
8. I eat rice almost everyday but I don’t like it alone.
9. I stood up in a squat position on the toilet seat on my first bathroom experience in America. Hey, that’s how I did it in the Philippines. Didn’t know you could actually sit directly on it.
10. I’ve got a sweet tooth, hence the extra baggage!
11. If someone had video taped Dave’s proposal to me, you would have thought it was a business contract (those of you who know him can actually picture this). We had conditions made and shook hands. Little did I know that it was going to be sealed with a diamond ring! ;)
12. So glad that Elders Smith and Anderson found me. I’d be even a bigger mess if I didn’t join the LDS church!
13. I’m a sucker for sappy, love story movies -- and food!
14. I’ve got terrible memory!!
15. I am a loyal friend.
16. I had the hots for Mark Harmon in the mid ‘80s. I even received a signed autographed picture of him. For some reason I can’t find it! Daaavve!
17. I love spaghetti. I once ate 4 bowls in one sitting. You can imagine that ice skating later that day did not go over well.
18. Being a mother is my favorite calling.
19. I enjoy blogging and enjoy reading my friends blog even more.
20. I thought MySpace was cool but Facebook is quickly growing on me. It won’t be long until I join the Facebook addict 12-step program … hey, is there one?
21. I love my husband with all my heart and my kids too, I guess (being sarcastic! Are you kidding, they’re my life).
22. I was tired of people saying how cute my name was, so for a little while in college I went by the name of Vivian. I forgot once on a date and slipped and wrote Jinky on a miniature golf sheet. He got confused, didn’t get what he wanted, and gladly never heard from him again!
23. I don’t do pregnancy well.
24. I’m really not a snob. I’m just not good at saying hello. I’m working on it.
25. I wanted to grow up to be Wonder Woman. She was gorgeous, can make people tell the truth, and had that awesome invisible plane!
26. I’ve got a short temper.
27. I miss my brother in the Philippines.
28. I'm a rat pack.
29. I cannot pass a good bargain ... that's why I'm #28.
30. I love to eat. Did I say that already?
31. I was in psychiatric therapy for a couple years during college years. Still not cured ...j/k!!
32. I love missionaries! I declare, I think Elder Smith is one of the three Nephites roaming the earth!
33. HeMan was my favorite cartoon in my early years.
34. I don’t like needles. I can stick patients but even a butterfly needle makes me squirm.
35. My parents never gave me the birds & the bees talk, so when I was younger I thought I could get pregnant just by holding a boy’s hand.
36. I was a latch key kid.
37. I got food poisoning from eating squid. That was my first trip to ER.
38. I donated my hair to Locks of Love twice.
39. I talk to my sister everyday.
40. I’m trying to be positive about turning 40 very soon!
41. I wear contact lenses. I’d like to have a laser surgery done but …
42. I love my vacations in Hawaii. I wouldn’t mind living there!
43. Some people like butts, eyes, etc. I like men’s arms.
44. I only have one major regret. No! I’m not telling you what it is.
45. I pay off my credit card bills every month.
46. My favorite flower is carnation, because my first best friend Crystal gave me one.
47. I am incredibly blessed.
48. I love all my friends dearly.
49. I hate to vacuum so I’m glad I have wood floors now.
50. I came in second place in a talent show in six grade … I played the piano. A brother-sister team dancing to Tie a Yellow Ribbon beat me.
51. Crystal and I called ourselves “The Dancing Dolls” in the talent show (I was in 5th grade, she was in 6th). Matching outfits and shoes. So bummed they didn’t give awards, we would have won 1st place. Truly, we were awesome.
52. I’ve been a bridesmaid twice.
53. I have super dry skin and man I passed it on to my kids!!!
54. I love my Saturday classes when I was going to Cal State LA. … better dating selections.
55. I ran “Woman Running Wild” once.
56. I like school. I just don’t like tests!
57. I use to write poems and compose lyrics.
58. I’m falling apart … my memory, eyesight, etc.
59. One time I went to the men’s restroom and when I saw a man come in, I thought he was in the wrong!
60. I love my family and in-laws.
61. My close friends call me Jinx.
62. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for my wonderful life.
63. I drove a Datsun 260Z in high school a few times.
64. Was into Friends, Law & Order, now I like Monk.
65. I honestly thought I failed my nursing board exam when I was taking it. I called my sister during the mandatory break and was balling my eyes out.
66. I use to like Air Supply.
67. I’m afraid of cement mixers. My grandma told me to stay away from them cuz if I accidentally go into one, I’d turn into salt.
68. I'm nice most of the time.
69. There’s only 2 cookie recipes I can do. The rest I burn!
70. I took a cake decorating class a long while ago with a friend and wasn’t too bad at it but I became the family designated cake baker so after awhile my wrist hurt piping so I slowly went back to store bought icing then buying the whole cake all together!
71. Tried quilting and had a blast learning and was excited about it. Bought tons of supplies but like a kid into a musical instrument … the interest died.
72. My most memorable birthday was my 30th. My friends threw me a surprise dinner get-together. They even invited Dave!
73. My favorite date was a helicopter trip to Catalina Island. Yeap! with Dave.
74. I get motion sickness.
75. I believe in washing hands after everything! Another reason for super dry hands.
76. I get sooo happy watching the kids play and laugh.
77. I love playing and laughing with my kids.
78. My pet peeve is a clean toilet. Long story … don’t get me started!
79. Used to have to work every other weekend so the first job that allowed me to be off on Sundays, I took it! Been doing that for almost 8 yrs now.
80. Not very good at hair, make-up, or stuff like that.
81. Been an LDS convert since 1991.
82. I’m not cheap, just frugal.
83. Don’t think I’m rich because I have a Lexus, that was a gift for Valentine’s from my hubby. He’s rich! J/K. We’re rich in blessings.
84. I was into Lakers back in the 80s. Michael Cooper was my favorite player.
85. I intimidate easily. In jr high I tried out for basketball but seeing the truth that I suck at it, I didn’t go back for the second day.
86. My dream came true. I have a wonderful family!
87. In the Philippines we received post cards depicting sky rise buildings. When I came to America I thought that was going to be my house. I was disappointed when it wasn’t!
88. Totally enjoyed my wedding day. I woke up feeling like Christmas morning. The night before is a different story. I was a wreck!!!
89. I have too many strollers but I need a double jogging stroller … anybody want to trade?
90. I love Sophia’s cute sweet voice!
91. I get happy hearing David pray with every meal and invites his dad to say amen with him.
92. I wish I knew how to speak Spanish.
93. I love the smell of Steven’s baby breath … the whole baby smell.
94. I like the new car smell.
95. I use to be over-the-top sensitive, now I’m just super sensitive.
96. One time at the beach, the wave knocked me over exposing one of my boobs!
97. I want so much to be organized. I get so overwhelmed because I have too much stuff. I don’t know where to start!
98. I have terrible memory. Seriously, I wrote this twice in my draft.
99. I love being married to my dear husband. He completes me. He‘s my Superman!
100. I love my patients. They’re interesting.
101. I have a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and how much Heavenly Father is eager to bless each of us as we do His will.
Labels: Jinky




1 Comments:
Ate Jinx,
I read all of it --- 101 Things About You! I am glad that you posted this post. I have learned more about you! It was fun! I am thinking of maybe doing one for my blog --- Since i am turing 30 soon.
I saw your a post of congratulating our famiLEE. Thank you so much!
Love ya! Hugs and kisses to the little ones...
mhai
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home