Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Too Honest, It Hurt A Little

So here's the story. This past Sunday in Relief Society I sat beside a friend. I commented on her hair and she said, "Thanks. New year, new hair." She then looked at me and touching my hair, she said, "Jinky, you need a make-over!" Looking closely at my face, she continued, "... and your eyebrow ... D----- (our friend to my right), she needs a make-over ...". So I'm thinking, not too close. I've got a mustache, ... my finger/toe nails too --yuck! Don't even look at my legs. I haven't shaved in a long time! Just glad it doesn't grow as fast as it used to! My tired face, my Michelin belly, etc. All my physical insecurities came to my mind. Thanks a lot! Sure glad when the class started and the conversation had to end.

She wasn't saying those things to be mean. I really do need a make-over! An overhaul even!! I just really haven't made time for myself. Too busy with the kids and goofing off here, blogging! I suppose I have to put it in my New Years resolution list. That's another thing too. I didn't make one! I better hurry 'cause my BIG 4-0 is around the corner and it'd be nice to look decent by then! Wish me success.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi siki, first of all you are beautiful inside and out. if you have flaws they are very minute! if you want to enhance your look, great, but remember everybody loves you the way you are. all that matters is that dave loves you as you are and the kids. as for the rest of your family (like me) your generousity and love outweighs what you look like (not that you look bad). there are a lot of good looking people that are miserable and have such a nasty attitude. to me, those are the ones that need a "make over".
love, sheil

January 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home