Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Did You Lose Your Grandma?

I was at the right place and the right time ... See, just before 3 o'clock this afternoon I ran up to my mailbox to drop a letter I wanted sent. I waved to an old lady in her Buick thinking she's a neighbor (most of my neighbors are old!) I haven't met. She waved hello back and then she stopped me to ask for directions. She was frazzled but basically coherent. She was able to give me a business card of the place she needed to go. I went back home to get my cell phone and then called the number. I spoke with the receptionist and that's when it came up that Rose (the old lady) had been lost since 10am! Apparently someone else had tried to help her with directions and she never made it there. OK, I thought I need to involve the police because she will just get lost again. So, I called my local police and invited Rose to my home and gave her water and a sandwich. Shortly thereafter, an officer came and interviewed Rose. He decided to take her to the station until they get a hold of a family member. So he and Dave help her out the door and got as far as the porch and sat her on a chair there. By that time, Rose had gotten weak (probably from dehydration) and so the officer called for the paramedics. I was in the house busy with the kids when the paramedics came and gone. Later a lady officer relieved the sergeant. They finally got a hold of Rose's daughter and she was on her way to pick Rose up. By 5pm, the daughter came grateful and took Rose home. A couple of hours later the daughter came back for the Buick and thanked me again. I was just glad that Rose was safe now.

Oh, there's something else too. I think I've talked to Rose on the phone. A while back I received a wrong number call and it was an old lady calling from a nursing home ... confused and wanting desperately to talk to her daughter. I managed to tract the daughter and got her to visit her mother. I tell ya, there's something about the name ... first and last name rang a distant bell! I wanted to ask Rose's daughter when she came back for the car but I thought she'd find me crazy ... heck! I was thinking I was crazy!!! But if something turns up ... you read it here and that eerie feeling was valid. --Happy Halloween to me! Dave now calls her my stalker.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Zion Press said...

That was good of you to follow up, Jinky. Even if she is stalking you now!

October 31, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home