Saturday, May 10, 2008

Locked Out And My Trip To The ER

Where do I begin? Yesterday started out normal enough. Woke up, had breakfast, then off to my NST appointment while Dave took care of the kids. Got home, made lunch and sent Dave off to work. Then the fun began! I ate my lunch but before I could finish it, I felt it wasn't going all the way down so my meal ended short. Several minutes later I found myself running to the restroom to ... you know what. Ended up practically living there throughout the rest of the day. It sure made it hard to function with things I needed to do. I ended up crying again and cranky with the kids. But I managed to gather us together to briefly visit a good friend. I had been cooking all afternoon to make her and her family dinner as a birthday present. I told her I'd have to do a "do over" 'cause the meal wasn't as wonderful as I wanted it to be (as you can guess, I just wasn't up to my game). So after dropping off the food, we went straight home. Then another fun began. I locked myself out of the house with Sophia in the house by herself!! So I went to my neighbor and used their phone to call Dave, hoping he hid an extra key somewhere. Nope! Luckily I had few windows open. Couldn't get anywhere with the kitchen windows but had success with the bathroom one. Little David was a trooper as my neighbor boosted him up to the window. David was then inside the house to open the front door. Little Sophia was like a puppy and had a ball messing up the house. She got to papers, pots and pans, ... Just glad we were able to get in without having to break the front door window or getting the firemen involved. OK, so did that end my day? Nope! Remember, things were coming out of me from both ends so my night felt long and I was so anxious to get the kids to bed. They were finally down by 9:30pm so shortly thereafter I called my sister-in-law to come over and take care of the kids. I was feeling so lousy! She and my mother-in-law came over and we waited for Dave to get home and from there Dave took me to the ER. Being pregnant and vomiting in their facility they took me in fairly quickly. I ended up on the OB triage room. Turns out I caught a viral bug which lead to the early contractions I was having. The IV fluids and nausea med helped with my GI complaints but those contractions were no picnic! Finally, the lab results came in alright and my OB doctor ordered meds to stop the contractions then discharge I could go. That worked but I still felt abdominal aches and the acid reflux feeling. Figured it was from the utterly uncomfortable gurney they put me in for those 5 hours (poor Dave though had a chair!). I wanted to go home to my comfy recliner so I didn't complain anymore. I was discharged and Dave and I managed to get in a little more than a couple of hours sleep until the kids woke up. Of course, I missed work but Dave's a trooper and went in to work his swing shift. My Mom came over this morning to help me with the kids while I rest. Hurray!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Zion Press said...

Oh, Jinky, I'm so sorry. That doesn't sound like a day of much fun!
Shantell

May 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home