Friday, January 13, 2012

By George, he's got it!

(source: google image)

It's about time!  Steven has finally gotten the hang of the potty!!  It's day 5 today and only 2 accidents ..luckily they happened at home (the first couple of days).  Anyway, it all started over the weekend when he screamed in pain from a wet diaper.  I checked him and saw nothing significant.  Then when I washed him (running water and soap), he screamed even harder.  Goodness, what the heck was going on?  The next day, the same thing happened.  I'm thinking doctor time again then I finally got him to explain to me where it exactly hurts.  My best guess was that he scratched himself raw (finally detected small skin abrasions) on his scrotum so whenever it got wet (even water), it hurt.  I suspect that it was the new diaper brand that made him itchy.  We're a Huggies diaper family but last week I saw a box of 130+ Pampers diapers for sale, no biggie I thought.  Well, probably coincidental, but now I do recall David and Sophia having problems with Pampers when they were babies so maybe not.  Anyways, if that's really the case, I'm sure glad I bought those diapers because by George, he's got it!  He's doing #1s and #2s in the toilet!  By day 3 (day 1 and 2, I put diaper swimmers on him..only ones that were not Pampers), I put him in chonies even at night and when we were out  of the house.  Yeay!! 

Bittersweet though come to think of it.  All my kiddos are growing up!  In fact, another milestone this month was all three kids are in Primary (children's program in LDS church) now.  Steven graduated from Nursery to Primary this year.  He cried and clinged to me at first but I told him that now he'll be with his sister for part of the program so that helped to calm him. 

Wow, I've really been awful at keeping up with this blog.  So many wonderful things have happened but I didn't make the time to share it here.  Bummer.  I'll do better this year. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home