Darn stomach bug!
I had about five hours of sleep this morning so I already started my day feeling tired. Just before lunch time, Steven woke up from an early nap crying out ... another episode of diarrhea that leaked down the side of his legs. A routine for a week now but this was a whopper! So much from a little guy that already lost so much and now a mere skin and bones. I felt helpless so I called the doctor's again and they were able to fit him in the afternoon ... his second trip to the doctor's this week.
So after picking up David from school, he ate lunch, and off the kids and I to the doctor's. This time the doctor ordered blood tests, prescribed antibiotics, and the lovely homework to obtain stool samples. Fortunately, the lab was conveniently around the corner so we didn't go far for the blood tests. Steven was such a brave boy. He watched the whole procedure being done to him while he sat on my lap. He didn't cry at all. By that time the lab was near closing time so no time to get "homework" done today and was informed that the only lab open on Saturdays is 35 miles away (from 6am-12pm) ...added joy!
After lab, we went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription ... a 35min wait turned an hour. We browsed the store and the kids had a soft pretzel snack. Then forgetting to pick up milk we stopped by the supermarket on our way home. Of course we found other things there ... cookies, ice cream, Dave's soda, Redbox, etc.
That was a five hour adventure from picking up David to finally getting home. We were all tired. Of course I had the added bonus of crankiness, being it's the time of the month! I seriously wanted to cry but too tired to.
This unexpected doctor trip postponed my lunch date with my bff and a visit to my brothers. Birthday celebrations will have to wait until next week! ~I'm glad it's General Conference this weekend and I can stay home and watch it on TV and won't have to rangle up the kids to church ...happy birthday to me! (oh, my birthday is on Sunday)
By the way, Steven is doing fine. He hasn't given me the opportunity to complete my "homework", yippee!! He even has a bit of his appetite back. The poor little guy. Tired but still happy and playful as much as he can. Sure love that little booger!!
P.S. The antibiotic that was prescribed didn't come in liquid form so I was instructed to cut the pill in half, crush it, and mix it in applesauce or pudding. Thinking the pill would be hard to crush, I asked the pharmacist for a pill crusher and he said, "We don't have any but you're a mother, you'll think of something.". So I got home, cut the pill and found it quite soft and easy to crush ...whew, I didn't have to use my mommy powers!! :)
So after picking up David from school, he ate lunch, and off the kids and I to the doctor's. This time the doctor ordered blood tests, prescribed antibiotics, and the lovely homework to obtain stool samples. Fortunately, the lab was conveniently around the corner so we didn't go far for the blood tests. Steven was such a brave boy. He watched the whole procedure being done to him while he sat on my lap. He didn't cry at all. By that time the lab was near closing time so no time to get "homework" done today and was informed that the only lab open on Saturdays is 35 miles away (from 6am-12pm) ...added joy!
After lab, we went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription ... a 35min wait turned an hour. We browsed the store and the kids had a soft pretzel snack. Then forgetting to pick up milk we stopped by the supermarket on our way home. Of course we found other things there ... cookies, ice cream, Dave's soda, Redbox, etc.
That was a five hour adventure from picking up David to finally getting home. We were all tired. Of course I had the added bonus of crankiness, being it's the time of the month! I seriously wanted to cry but too tired to.
This unexpected doctor trip postponed my lunch date with my bff and a visit to my brothers. Birthday celebrations will have to wait until next week! ~I'm glad it's General Conference this weekend and I can stay home and watch it on TV and won't have to rangle up the kids to church ...happy birthday to me! (oh, my birthday is on Sunday)
By the way, Steven is doing fine. He hasn't given me the opportunity to complete my "homework", yippee!! He even has a bit of his appetite back. The poor little guy. Tired but still happy and playful as much as he can. Sure love that little booger!!
P.S. The antibiotic that was prescribed didn't come in liquid form so I was instructed to cut the pill in half, crush it, and mix it in applesauce or pudding. Thinking the pill would be hard to crush, I asked the pharmacist for a pill crusher and he said, "We don't have any but you're a mother, you'll think of something.". So I got home, cut the pill and found it quite soft and easy to crush ...whew, I didn't have to use my mommy powers!! :)
Labels: Steven


1 Comments:
So Sorry to hear about this sad adventure..... Hope Stephen starts to feeling better. You are a wonderful Mom! Happy Birthday! Love ya!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home