Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Breakdown!

Yesterday before David's party I went to Walmart to pick-up some chocolate bars for game prizes. The trip ended up to be an ordeal! I briefly browsed before grabbing the chocolates and when I saw that the lines were long, I ditched the chocolates and headed out instead. Just before I got to my car I noticed that my purse was gone from the cart! We (Steven was with me) ran back inside the store and I just lost it! I was crying hysterically. Sobbing the words, "Someone stole my purse!" I couldn't stop crying ... feeling like an idiot and vulnerable. But somewhere in me, I was glad that Steven was safe with me. I suppose I needed the excuse to cry. I wasn't really too upset about the loss but that the stress had finally caught up with me and I just brokedown! The greeting lady just hugged me and called for security and manager. They came, called the police, and took information. I borrowed their phone to call Dave to come pick us up only to have him tell me that my parents have my purse. I was still somewhat hysterical so it didn't make sense to me. He was sweet to calm me down and told me that it's OK. Then, the manager comes back to me and says that she reviewed the video and I didn't even come in with a purse. After she said that, I realized that I had changed shopping carts at the parking lot 'cause the first one was too squeaky. It was coming to focus! I had left my purse outside and someone found it and used my cell phone to call my Mom. No one stole it, but someone found it. Oh, I was so glad to see my parents. It just happened that my parents was on their way to my house and was perfectly at the right exit to meet the gal who turned in my purse. So there's still kind and honest people in the world! Unfortunately, my parents didn't catch a contact information so that I could thank her. They're kicking themselves for dropping the ball on that one. But, Alana, wherever you are ... thank you for turning in my purse. What an angel.

So after the ordeal, I still had to pick up the Chinese food and pizza and asked Sheil to pick up some chocolates. I ended up at my "own" party very late! My sweet family/relatives pitched in to set up the party and had everything under control. I wanted to curl up in bed and stay there but I composed myself and the party was a blast! All forgotten ... sort of.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home