Sunday, January 4, 2009

My New Calling

Last week one of the counselors to the bishopric pulled me aside and asked to speak with me. I thought to myself, "Yeay! A calling." I thought some more, "Please, don't let it be in nursery! But if so, that's what's for me.". Sure enough I was extended a calling. In the Relief Society as a district visit teaching coordinator. I was pleased, grateful, and excited! Of course I accepted.

Today in sacrament meeting I was sustained by the congregation and after the block meetings I was set apart. I couldn't help but find myself in tears ... choked up right now just thinking about it. It was a beautiful prayer. I certainly look forward to serving the sisters and offer a pledge to magnify my calling.

I thank thee Heavenly Father for this opportunity to serve in this capacity at this time.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home