Steven Has Arrived!
DAY 1:
Dave and I were in the hospital by 7am. They couldn't find my pre-registration paper works so I had to fill out another one. Then off to that comfortable gurney (being sarcastic) to be prepped. Shortly after 9am I was on my way to the OR and at 9:44am Steven arrived. Hurray! --The hospital had "room in" policy, that is your baby gets to stay with you all day and night. I wasn't miserable like I was with David so that worked out alright with me.
The happy parents-to-be of three
I'm here!
Mama and Steven's first meeting
Meeting Lola
Meeting Kuya (also Ate, not captured)
DAY 2:
After the 24hr mark I was free from IV fluids, leg compressors, and monitors. So then I was able to shower and walk. This night, my mom spent the night in the hospital with me.
Meeting Grandma and Aunt Monica
DAY 3:
The day started alright. I had pain but was still able to move about slowly but then after dinner time the gas pain was extremely bad ... mind you I hadn't pass gas since surgery. Of course I could not sleep that night and around 2am the following day is when the nurse finally figured out that I was serious about this gas pain but still did not disturb the doctor. I was just asked to do some more walking and even though I was in pain, tired, and sleepy I strolled Steven up and down the hall. Still didn't pass gas. Help!
DAY 4:
Fortunately my doctor was in the hospital fairly early today and was able to see me. He quickly assessed that I was in distress and asked the nurses why he was not called earlier. Anyway, immediately I was given a Harris flush with him present. That did not relieve me immediately so he ordered a KUB, labs, IV, etc. stat and before I knew it, everyone was working on me. I wasn't going to go home today after all. Then by mid-afternoon I finally passed a bit of gas. Still not enough but promising! Early evening my doctor came by to see me again and ordered another Harris flush. The nurse did it right 'cause that relieved me a whole lot! Can't believe the nurses and I were celebrating every flatulent! My sweet doctor checked up on me later that night via phone call.
DAY 5:
My doctor came to see me in the morning. Happy to report that I was feeling much better so he ordered my discharge. Steven of course had been cleared to go home since day3 but order states for discharge with me, and in the mean time his doctor continued to check him every morning. Anyway, we were home around 3pm.
READY TO GO HOME:
Labels: Steven

4 Comments:
He's beautiful! Congrats!
ate JInx,
he is so adorable!!!! I am so glad that everything went well.... love ya!
Mhai
He's so CUTE!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to meet him!
Comments e-mailed to me:
6/14:
Congrats Jinky to you and your family! How wonderful. I had been praying for you every night! Looking forward to pics! -Cat
Congradulations Becky
6/15:
congratulations! Auntie Lulu
congrats on the new baby ate jinky:) Luelle
congratulations ate jinky!! God Bless.. Chiqui
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys. Kiss the baby for me! Julie
congratulations. We are happy for you! Sue Francis
6/16:
Congratulations! I am so excited for you!
Love,
Kristen
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Hope all continues to go well. Going from 2 to 3 kids is a bit of an adjustment. :)
love,
Mandi
Congratulations! Good job mom.
Take care of yourself, Chris
Congrats. I am so happy for you. As long as he is healthy that’s the greatest.
Hugh McNellis
6/17:
Congratulations!!!!!
Shannon
OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATS TO MOM AND DAD! What a big boy. Can't wait to see pic. Gloria Douglass
6/19:
ohhhh jinky, baby Steven is soooo cute.. boy, david and sophia have gotten bigger.. i just haven't seen you all for ages.. lol.. hope all is well.. Lila
He looks like a sweetheart Jinky! Take care! -Cat
Jinky, The pictures are awesome! Although Dave looks a little dazed and green around the gills! Is your phone working yet? I will call you tomorrow (Friday) to see how you, the baby and your flatulence are doing. Sorry I haven't called. Something happened at work that kept me away for a bit (I'll explain later.) Take Care and talk soon, Peb
6/21:
Beautiful family Jinky, congratulations again. Love Sue
6/23:
Hello Jinkx-
Got your email. Hope you are getting enough rest for yourself. I think of you often and want to send our love.
Brittany is still taking piano but left gymastics. Now she is asking for irish clog dancing, fencing lessons, or karate.
I private nannie two boys and there is another on the way. Just until I start classes again.
Love to hear how things are when you get settled in and have the time.
Love,
Gloria
6/25:
What a cute baby! He has so much hair and he is so alert! I hope all is going well with you and your little family. Mandi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home