Firsts
David had his first judo injury today. He went to judo class with his dad this morning and David tells me that he did something wrong when he did a roll. He was in great pain so Dave took him to urgent care. David came home with a brace similar to this Googled image (he didn't want his picture taken). He said that the doctor told him that he suffered a small crack on his clavicle. It should heal on its own but he's to see an orthopedist for further assessment. David's in no pain now ..it actually subsided while he was in the urgent care waiting room. In fact, at this very moment he's playing Wii with such gusto!
Also a first today was Sophia's full blown hug with a random boy! While Dave and David was at judo, Sophia, Steven and I were at church stake conference. About the last 20 minutes or so of the session, a boy in front of us was lured to our aisle by Sophia's drawing board. Sophia didn't mind sharing it with him. At the end of the conference, the boy's mother and I discovered that they were hugging. Sophia's face buried on the boy's chest, both kids' arms wrapped tightly around each other. So cute and scary at the same time for me (I thought the boy was at least a couple of years older and I suppose I jumped 20 years ahead). The boy's mother however beamed and voiced adoration. She kept saying how cute Sophia was. Then we went on our way. Apparently the boy chased after Sophia and when he finally caught up with her, they hugged again. Mother and I then introduced each other and our kids. Although no numbers were exchanged in the brief conversation, a play date might be up ahead ...Sophia wants to track him down! She definitely wants to see Spencer again. Aww, the joys of childhood. ~Oh by the way, the boy turns out to also be 5 years old ... he's just tall for his age.
Oh my, my kiddos are growing up!
(images acquired through Google Images)
Also a first today was Sophia's full blown hug with a random boy! While Dave and David was at judo, Sophia, Steven and I were at church stake conference. About the last 20 minutes or so of the session, a boy in front of us was lured to our aisle by Sophia's drawing board. Sophia didn't mind sharing it with him. At the end of the conference, the boy's mother and I discovered that they were hugging. Sophia's face buried on the boy's chest, both kids' arms wrapped tightly around each other. So cute and scary at the same time for me (I thought the boy was at least a couple of years older and I suppose I jumped 20 years ahead). The boy's mother however beamed and voiced adoration. She kept saying how cute Sophia was. Then we went on our way. Apparently the boy chased after Sophia and when he finally caught up with her, they hugged again. Mother and I then introduced each other and our kids. Although no numbers were exchanged in the brief conversation, a play date might be up ahead ...Sophia wants to track him down! She definitely wants to see Spencer again. Aww, the joys of childhood. ~Oh by the way, the boy turns out to also be 5 years old ... he's just tall for his age.
Oh my, my kiddos are growing up!
(images acquired through Google Images)



1 Comments:
Poor David! And soooo cute about Sophia! Love the post! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home