A Hot 4th of July
We began our day by having a delicious breakfast of pancake, bacon, eggs, and oj at the annual 4th of July Boy Scouts fundraiser, "Pancake Breakfast", at church (bummer I didn't take any pictures). We were late and caught the end tail of the festivities so we missed the flag ceremony and such. Still, we enjoyed a yummy breakfast and company of good friends. Then off we went to our city's 4th of July parade. That was awfully short but a nice treat. We continued the city's celebration at the park where many vendors and local community services gathered. The kids had fun eating ice cream and playing in the bouncers but it wasn't long that it just got too hot (104F) to check out everything so we headed home.
Chillin' at home ... kids played in the sprinklers ... adults relaxed in the air conditioned home. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, it rained for what about 5 minutes! I didn't see that coming!! But that really didn't cool the day. :(
A lovely family day so far. We're planning to watch the fireworks tonight from our backyard since Dave's not too crazy about crowds. This year I'm okay with that since it's sooo hot!
Chillin' at home ... kids played in the sprinklers ... adults relaxed in the air conditioned home. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, it rained for what about 5 minutes! I didn't see that coming!! But that really didn't cool the day. :(
A lovely family day so far. We're planning to watch the fireworks tonight from our backyard since Dave's not too crazy about crowds. This year I'm okay with that since it's sooo hot!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Labels: 4th of July, adventures

1 Comments:
It was a great day!! Sounds like you guys had fun!! The kids are getting so big!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home