Tom the Service Turkey
David: "Mom, are you going to read in your room?
"Me: "I could. Why?
"David: "Because... I can't tell you."
Me: "OK, I'm almost done here then I'll go read in my room."
David: "Will you tell me when you're going?
Me: "All right."
"Me: "I could. Why?
"David: "Because... I can't tell you."
Me: "OK, I'm almost done here then I'll go read in my room."
David: "Will you tell me when you're going?
Me: "All right."
David was eager for me to go to my room. Apparently he wanted me away from the kitchen. I knew it had something to do with a church service. I had seen the handout that he received (picture above).
In my room, Sophia slipped and told me what David was up to. He was washing the dishes! I was kinda nervous thinking I'd probably have a mess to clean up after him, but then I thought ... how precious is this?! He is applying what he learned in church and is doing a random act of secret service for someone ...me! What a wonderful boy.
So later I go to the kitchen to find Tom the Service Turkey on the kitchen counter.
David: "Surprise Mom! I washed the dishes."
Me: "Wow, that's great. Thank you! You did a great job too. Thanks Son."
David: "You're welcome. It was the second hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life!"
Me: "Oh. What was the first?"
David: "The time I tried not to scream on the roller coaster."
Me: "Huh? Not to scream?"
David: "Yeah, a long time ago with Kuya Blake. We were in a scary roller coaster and I was trying not to scream."
Me: "Okay."
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, today I am thankful for the Church's Primary program that teaches principles centered in Christ. Thank you Primary teachers for the care you take to impart those fundamentals.
Labels: David


1 Comments:
How precious!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home